Thursday, October 6, 2011

New York

By: Taylor

       We arrived, went up to our room, looked out the window from the the twenty-first floor, and saw a magnificent structure - the Empire State building. It was a really nice view. It lit up bright at night. We all relaxed for a little while, then got ready to go see the big city itself – New York city.
        First off, we got delicious hotdogs with everything on them, even sauerkraut which
I normally hate. After we ate we went to Time Square. When we finally got there, it was huge! Flashy signs, tall buildings, busy streets - it was pretty cool. We walked awhile before we saw the world's biggest Toys R Us store. My little brother, Ryan, was asleep in his stroller so I had to shake him to wake him up. We went in. There was a huge Ferris wheel right in the center of the room. It went from the first floor up to the third, but it cost too much per person so we didn't go on it.
       We continued on to a small store on the street to buy “I love NY” t-shirts. After we got them we went back to our hotel, rested an hour or two, and went across the street to get pizza. I had cheese, so did Krista and Ryan. My dad bought buffalo chicken for him and my mom. My mom didn't want it but she wasn't going to complain so she ate it anyway. I was happy because one of my favorite singers, Usher, had been at that restaurant before. I LOVE him!!!
       The next day we walked very little. We took the subway everywhere. We had to take it to Staten Island or we would have been walking for about 10 hours.
       When we got back to the hotel I got to eat a soft pretzel with mustard. It was really good! That night we went downstairs to Tik Tock diner and ate really good food. I shared a huge bowl of chicken Alfredo with Krista, and for dessert we had real New York cheese cake! 
       After dinner we went back up to the hotel room. Krista and I stayed awake way longer than my parents because we were on the computer playing Kudos 2.
       The next morning we got up and got ready to leave. We drove to Ashville, NC to meet my grandparents because my dad wanted to save a few hours on the trip. On the ride to Ashville I was squashed in that small car. On the ride to Cookeville I was perfectly fine.
       I loved New York, but I would never live there because it is super expensive. I would like to go back one day, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment